Chef Kyle Richardson
Kyle Richardson is presently a professor of Culinary Arts at Joliet Junior College. He has been in the Hospitality business for over 35 years starting as a prep cook busboy in a 4 star French restaurant Masons.
A Graduate of Washburne Trade School Culinary program in Chicago, he was born and raised in New Orleans and was Chef there for years. He was chef in such places as Upper Line, Dante by the River, Tom Norris and Renaissance Hotel. Was brought back to Chicago in the 80’s by the Roth Corporation to be the Executive Chef of the Black Hawk restaurant and soon to become their Corporate Chef & Executive Chef of the River Plaza location on the Chicago River. Richardson was chef in many Chicago restaurants and clubs such as Nick Fish market, Saddle and Cycle club, Barrington Hills Country Club, Ruth Lake Country Club and the Du Page Club. He was corporate mentor for Sunrise Corporation in restaurant and dinning development. Richardson also owned his own restaurant and bakery called Crescent City in Carol Stream IL up until 2000.
Chef Richardson has had many professional and community awards and recognitions through out his years in the hospitality industry.
- National Secretary ACF 2015 thru 2019
- Central Region Vice President ACF 2011 thru 2015
- National Chair Apprenticeship committee ACF 2008 – 2011.
- Inducted into American Academy of Chef honor society 2009
- USA Education Reprehensive for WACS 2016 until present
- President of the Illinois Louis Joliet Chapter of the American Culinary Federation 2005, 2006, 2007,2008, 2010
- Chefs move to schools member ACF National and Michelle Obama
- Spokes person for the American Heart association for Nutrition dealing with Stroke, Child obesity and women’s heart disease.
- Presidential Medallion recipient American Culinary Federation 2007
- Inducted Member of Les Amis d’ Escoffier Society
- Treasure Chicago Culinary Museum and chefs Hall of Fame
- Regional Finalist Educator of the Year ACF
- Regional Finalist Professionalism award ACF
- Certified Culinary Judge 2017
- Culinary Coach for Junior Hot foods Team, 2000-present : 8 state championships in 11 years, Central region Champions 2010 and 2nd place National Finals 2010 National Champions 2011, 2013
- Awarded Outstanding Illinois Educator 2001
- Awarded Chapter Chef of the Year from the Louis Joliet chapter of the ACF 2002
- Awarded Chapter Board member of the year from the Louis Joliet chapter of the ACF 2003 &2004
- Awarded Chapter Member of the year from the Louis Joliet chapter of the ACF 2005
- Awarded Honorary Faculty member Elgin community College
- Hold’s professional certifications as Certified Executive Chef, Certified Culinary Educator, Certified Hospitality Educator, Certified Culinary Judge, World Certified Executive Chef, Approved Certification Evaluator and American Academy of Chefs